d. Data management plans
Examples of data management plans (DMPs) can help you get a sense of issues that you should address. However, it is unlikely that you can reuse large parts of existing DMPs for your project because every project is unique. If you need help in writing a DMP, consider consulting an expert.
- The AMC has created a standard operational procedure (SOP) for research data management as well as a data management plan template.
- University Medical Centre Groningen has also created a DMP template UMCG
- Leiden University has a blog on data management with examples.
- Examples from the University of Cambridge can be found here (with information on, for example, data management and research data policies).
- ELIXIR has developed a Data Stewardship Wizard that converts a lengthy data management questionnaire into an effective flowchart, enhancing the quality of your DMP
- DMPonline helps you to create, review, and share data management plans that meet institutional and funder requirements. It is provided by the Digital Curation Centre (DCC).
- The LCRDM has created an overview of RDM practices and knowledge at Dutch research institutions
- DTL has created an overview of RDM tools and online trainings
- GO FAIR has compiled an RDM Starter Kit that lists resources designed to help researchers organise their data and make it findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable