A terminology is a standardised list of terms that are used in a particular domain.
Phenotype (clinical) data:
- mzML for Mass Spectrometry Data
- mzQuantML for peptide and protein quantification data
- mzIdentML for peptide and protein identification data
Multichannel biological and physical signals:
- EDF+ for EEG, PSG, ECG, EMG, and Evoked Potential
Neurological Disorders and Stroke:
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS): Common Data Elements. This is not (yet) widely adopted for investigator-driven trials.